Tonbridge to Sluice Weir Medway Paddle 11/11/12

Surf, Rivers, Abroad etc. All goes in here
tony_holloway

Tonbridge to Sluice Weir Medway Paddle 11/11/12

Post by tony_holloway »

Hello, I am planning a trip to the River Medway on Sunday 11th of November. We shall paddle from Tonbridge Slipway to Sluice Weir,a distance of 9.7 km, approximately 6 miles. This is a flat water paddle with half a dozen canoe shoots along the way. This trip is open to everyone whatever standard their paddling is. its a gentle paddle going with the flow suitable for adults and children.All the Canoe Shoots can be walked around if need be but im sure everyone will be happy going down all of them and playing in some of them.

I would like to arrange boats,paddles etc on the Saturday before the trip if possible as this saves a lot of time on the day. We can meet at Danson park at 9am on Sunday with the aim of getting to Tonbridge by 10am. After shuttling the cars to Sluice Weir we should be ready to paddle by 11.15am. this trip normally takes about 4 hours which would include a stop for lunch on the river. Please bring adequate food,drinks and snacks for the day.Its now getting colder so please try to dress accordingly. There are a number of cagoules in the boathouse which are suitable for this trip.

Hopefully after a successful and enjoyable paddle im sure we will find our way to a local pub where we can all tell each other how great we are!!!

Any questions please feel free to phone or text me on 07902 429 847

Tony Holloway

alison

Re: Tonbridge to Sluice Weir Medway Paddle 11/11/12

Post by alison »

Hi Tony,

Firstly congratulations on your slalom achievement this weekend. ;)

Mark,Robbie and I will be coming along to this Medway paddle on 11th November 2012.

Looking forward to it already.

Alison

bianchisi
Supporting Member
The sum of the first two numbers: 5

Post by bianchisi »

Will ask the boys, but could be interested in this one.

Si
Oh Edmund can it be true, that I hold in my mortal hands a nugget of purest GREEN??

andy g
Expert

Post by andy g »

Tony
If no-one is going to join me for the R Tavy clean up trip , then I will come along for your paddle down the Medway. Willing to give lifts for 3 with boats.
Andy

tony_holloway

Post by tony_holloway »

Hello,

Due to there being a Remembrance Parade in Tonbridge on Sunday 11/11/12 the High Street is going to be closed to all traffic. This was the time we were hoping to be in and around the high street ourselves. I imagine the car parks and the whole area will be busy before and after the parade therefore i have decided to change this River Medway trip slightly.

We shall now paddle from Hartlake down to Yalding

This trip is still around 6 miles but we do unfortunately miss out on some of the other canoe shoots that we had planned to do.

I apologise for this late change of plan. Please contact me via this forum,text or phone 07902 429847 if you are still interested in taking part in this trip.
We would aim to meet at Hartlake 10am and on the river for 11am after doing the shuttle to Yalding. Sorting out boats for trip on Saturday at Danson from 10.30am.

Thanks.

Tony Holloway

andy g
Expert

Post by andy g »

Tony
Tim and are going to do the R Tavy clean up on Sunday so we will not be with you.

If you are getting on at Hartlake you can still use the Porters chute by a short paddling upstream, should take only a few minutes and start the trip with a flourish.

Andy

OSB
Expert

Post by OSB »

Andy,

I might join you for the Tavy cleanup, if there's room in the car with fat Tim coming too. What time are you thinking of heading out?

Sam

Timmy
Expert

Post by Timmy »

OSB wrote:Andy,

I might join you for the Tavy cleanup, if there's room in the car with fat Tim coming too. What time are you thinking of heading out?

Sam
We have to be bank side by 09.30 so its an early start, 0400 or so.
I've got a boat you can use, talk later.

tony_holloway

Post by tony_holloway »

Just a few words to thank everyone who turned up on Sunday for the Hartlake to Yalding paddle. We had glorious sunshine all day even if it was a bit on the cold side.

A big pat on the back for young Tyler, who successfully completed East lock and Sluice Weir canoe shoots. Also paddling 6 miles without complaint. Well done Tyler :D :D :D

When i can be bothered to waste another hour of my time i will attempt again to load some photos of this trip on to the gallery.

If anyone knows why they make it so complicated to load 29 photos please feel free to share your knowledge with me!!!!!

OSB
Expert

Post by OSB »

Tidy,

You could always join the 21st century and post them on Facebook... ;)

Sam