Norway

Surf, Rivers, Abroad etc. All goes in here
philip lowers
Supporting Member

Norway

Post by philip lowers »

Well what can i say, in two words, BLOODY AMAZING !!!

BIG drops, BIG water, outrageously exspensive, scenery to die for, can paddle easily till 11:00pm, wild camping a must, i could go on......

The trip -

Popped shoulder
Snapped paddles
Lost paddles
Nasty swims
Epic walk outs (finally found a road @10:30pm)

Get yourself out there !!!!!!

Randy Fandango
Expert

Re: Norway

Post by Randy Fandango »

philip lowers wrote: Popped shoulder
Snapped paddles
Lost paddles
Nasty swims
Epic walk outs (finally found a road @10:30pm)
Sounds like every trip you do these days..... ;-)
Glad you had a good time.
Some details on the carnage then??
Giles

samk
Expert

Post by samk »

I can make claim to the snapped paddles, went down a drop on the Rauma, went over and rolled back up.

It was only after about 6 paddle strokes in what I thought was the fastest/boiliest water of my life, did it turn out to be simply that I had no right hand blade!

Incase anyone didn't believe the rumours about AT paddles being rubbish - believe me they are! Don't think I even hit a rock on the way down, just water...

Aside from the mini epics, Norway is a fantastic place and it was a superb trip! Bring on Norway 2009 :D

Ada
Expert

Post by Ada »

What rivers did you paddle (Swim) down!!

Ada

Randy Fandango
Expert

Post by Randy Fandango »

Looks like all sorts of fun and shenanigans are going on in Norway at the moment then.
Had a message from Mr Parker yesterday that he'd just ran Nosebreaker:

.......backwards and swam.
Now that sounds like lots of fun....
Giles

samk
Expert

Post by samk »

Randy Fandango wrote:So bit by bit its coming out:
Sam was the broken paddles.
Brian was the epic swims.
Now who was the lost paddles, which poor sod popped a shoulder and how many were involved in the climbing up and out and looking for a road in the middle of the night??
Giles
Brian was the lost paddles which amazingly turned up at a rafting centre 5 days later and then Phil was the popped shoulder on the penultimate day.

And the epic walkout was enjoyed by all! Although Phil and I had the added pleasure of walking back down the following morning as we'd (purposfully!) left our boats at the river side.

Brian
Expert

Post by Brian »

"QUOTE" And the epic walkout was enjoyed by all! "UN-QUOTE"

sam how could you forget to mention your theory on cows cant run down hill :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: i shall leave you to explain

philip lowers
Supporting Member

Post by philip lowers »

Brian wrote:"QUOTE" And the epic walkout was enjoyed by all! "UN-QUOTE"

sam how could you forget to mention your theory on cows cant run down hill :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: i shall leave you to explain

Mad cows disease is riff !! we finally made it to the top of this gorge, found the road and thought the epic was finally over when this bull decided it wanted to attack us :o a ton of meat charging both me and Sam, i can safely say i shat myself and promptly made a bee line for the nearest tree, the next few minutes saw me hiding up one tree and Sam hiding in another, all quite comical (afterwards in the bar of course)