Introduction to Kayaking and Canoeing course 8th, 9th and 15

Surf, Rivers, Abroad etc. All goes in here
Tharlow
Expert

Introduction to Kayaking and Canoeing course 8th, 9th and 15

Post by Tharlow »

Meridian Canoe club is pleased to be ble to offer, 3 days of Kayaking-related skills development. On the 8th, 9th and 15th of September. Please note this course is targeted at adults but under 16s will also be welcome on the course providing they are accompanied by an adult either taking part in the course or staying on site while the course is taking place.

The first of the two days of the course will be at Danson Park on the lake, the home of Meridian Canoe Club with the third day being a trip on the Medway. The course is aimed at developing the skills of any potential members prior to them joining the club. It is hoped by the end of the course the attendees will have attained the BCU Paddlesport ‘1 star award’. If you already have your 1 star then we will work with you to refine the skills you have previously learnt to become a more efficient paddler.

At the end of the first two days of the course, attendees will be in a position to consider joining Meridian canoe Club to practice the skills they have gained on the course. For further information please email enquiries@meridiancanoeclub.com.

The course is available at a special discounted rate of £25

IF you want to bring a friend or family member along for the course then they can join you for free or you could split the cost between you.

If you are interested in this course please return the attached registration form with a cheque for £25 made payable to Meridian Canoe Club to the address at the bottom of the form.

The club will also run a BCU Paddle sport 2 Star award course, this course will cost £ 70 and will include a years membership to the club and the joining fee.

This 2 Star course will run on the 29th September and 20th October, and it is expected that course attendees will take advantage of their club membership to practice what they have learnt on the course.

If however at the end of the course participants wish to join Meridian Canoe Club, directly from the course Yearly Membership is currently as follows: Senior £35, Youth/Student over 8 but under 18 or in full time education) £15 a joining fee for the club (£10) will be also be charged.

All paddlers should bring a change of clothes for after the days paddling; they may also wish to bring a second set of dry clothes to paddle in as there are likely to be three sessions a day depending on the weather.

Please not any Under 16’s will have to be accompanied by a responsible adult during the course they can either be on or off the water.

If you have any questions feel free to call me on 07411 947549.

Please send a cheque along with a completed registration form to “Meridian Canoe Club” c/o 182 Shepherds Lane, Dartford, Kent, DA9 9FN.

bianchisi
Supporting Member
The sum of the first two numbers: 5

Help

Post by bianchisi »

I have been trying to get hold of Mark the last couple of days, be he doesn't really answer txt messages. What i'm after is the email he sent out about the 1* river trip tomorrow. He did send it to me but my work firewall bounced it back, Is there any chance of anyone forwarding it onto me at simon.ewbank@virgin.net
Thanks

Not sure if we have to bring packed lunch and what time it finishes etc etc.

Simon
Oh Edmund can it be true, that I hold in my mortal hands a nugget of purest GREEN??