Dart Trip 20 - 22 January

Surf, Rivers, Abroad etc. All goes in here
Paul Winslow

Dart Trip 20 - 22 January

Post by Paul Winslow »

Message from Di Wade ...

Hi All,

Please note I am collecting for the Dart trip from Thursday 8 Dec. We are staying at the Tor cafe in Princetown, cost £30 per person. I may be able to get additional places, however it will be slightly more expensive @ £35 (including Bed & Breakfast).

I will not be collecting before Thursday, and only when I have your money do you get a place (this is in the interest of fairness)!

Cost will cover bed and breakfast. I will try to negotiate for evening meal, let me know if you do not want the evening meal.

Novice paddlers are welcome but you will need some White Water experience i.e. Barle trip. If the water levels are very high and you have limited experience as with any trip we may advise you not to paddle.

We will paddle the Dart and maybe the Tavy or Walkham depending on water levels.

Regards

Di Wade
01322 554437

andy g
Expert

Re: Dart Trip 20 - 22 January

Post by andy g »

Include me in please . I'll try to get the money to you at the Usk & Wye
Regards
Andy

andy g
Expert

Post by andy g »

Does anyone need a lift down for the Dart weekend, or can I join someone else?
Have space for 3 others and boats.
Happy to drive, and to leave almost any time on the Friday.

Andy

andy g
Expert

Post by andy g »

Thanks to Di for organising another great trip.
Over the 3 days we paddled the Dart Loop from Newbridge to Buckfastleigh twice and the R Walkham and River Tavy from Horrabridge to Bedford Bridge. Really good paddling. Thanks to river leaders and all other helpers.

Serious Health Note :(
There has been some discussion over the weekend about groups getting sick after paddling the Walkham and Tavy recently. I am not aware of anyone suffering but if you please let me know so that I can log the incident.

Andy