Lee Valley (are you going?)

Surf, Rivers, Abroad etc. All goes in here
Timmy
Expert
The sum of the first two numbers: 5

Lee Valley (are you going?)

Post by Timmy »

Now that people are starting to head up to Lee Valley at will, I thought we should have somewhere to post up our intentions thus sorting out some short notice paddles.
Simple enough, just post here as soon as you feel the urge and see who's around to share the petrol costs and to empty your boat :D

I'll start, going to head up on Sat afternoon (24th) 12-2 if anyone fancys it (I know there's a club session on Sunday nut I cannae make it captain :?

andy g
Expert

Re: Lee Valley (are you going?)

Post by andy g »

Good idea Tim
I am not sure about this Saturday but am planning to make as many visits as I can before the centre closes on Oct 14th.

See you Sunday anyway

Andy

Randy Fandango
Expert

Post by Randy Fandango »

I'll be there Sunday all day, one way or another :-)
Twenty nine minutes door to door last week -- driving reasonably sedately in a diesel landy. Thank you Olympic games! :-)
Giles

OSB
Expert

Post by OSB »

Hi,

My brother's stag do on Saturday is probably going to finish my limited ability off for Sunday, but I'm thinking of a cheeky run to LV on Friday. Does anyone fancy joining me for a play while our Indian Summer lasts?

Sam

andy g
Expert

Post by andy g »

Sam
What time on Friday? I may be up for it, and can provide transport etc.
See you at the pool tonight?
Andy

andy g
Expert

Post by andy g »

OK Sam where were you?
I got on at 17.00 and paddled along with only 6 other paddlers for an hour , but no sign of you. The traffic on the M25 was horrendous , so I hope you were not delayed by that.

It was a rather odd feeling being on the course by myself at times, normally every eddy is packed full and there is lots of bank support, doing it all practically solo felt a little weird.

Andy

Timmy
Expert

Post by Timmy »

It's a strange feeling for sure, but its nice not to have to worry about somebody sitting in a hole and missing the eddy above.

Anyone heading up tomorrow?

Randy Fandango
Expert

Post by Randy Fandango »

Yep I did thanks :-)
Spent both weekend days assessing then yesterday had a few cheeky runs of the legacy totally to myself and today had two quick charges down the Olympic before heading home for tea and medals.
I think June was the only meridian member I saw paddling today although there were a handful yesterday on the legacy course.
Giles

Jane
Expert

Post by Jane »

hi all
i will be there 5 till 7 this thursday the 6th
might see you there :D
Brian

OSB
Expert

Post by OSB »

Hi,

My plans to paddle were put on hold due to the Ear Infection From Hell. Hopefully it's clearing up now, but I can't see me getting back on the water before my daddy weekend this weekend.

I'm planning on getting up to Lee Valley Thursday or Friday next week, then hopefully Saturday and Sunday too, just to make use of it before it closes for the winter.

Sam