Essex Triathlon Water Safety Cover

Surf, Rivers, Abroad etc. All goes in here
andy g
Expert

Essex Triathlon Water Safety Cover

Post by andy g »

4 Meridian members (Steve , Sam , JJ & I) provided more than 50% of the kayak safety team for last Sunday's Essex Triathlon at North Fambridge. They were badly let down on the day when 6 members of Chelmsford Canoe failed to turn up (or provide any message that they were not coming) so without us the swim would have been cancelled

This is a nice thank you from their organising committee.

"Could you please thank all of the Meridian CC members for me. You all did a fantastic job and a number of the competitors have commented upon the excellent water safety team and marshals. They all seemed to really enjoy the swim course too, despite its challenging nature which was exaggerated by the wind on the day.

We were very happy to have your help with the marshalling. It certainly made us feel comfortable about safety overall on the swim section. I hope that we can work with you again at our future events."

Does anyone fancy doing more safety cover work on Sunday August 8th at Bradwell on Sea , Essex ? The start is a brutally early 05.20 for the kayak safety team , but the course closes at 07.45 , so we should be able to make it make back before most people have got up for breakfast on a Sunday, and earned £50 in the bargain.

Andy