River Trip to Yalding. August 6th

Surf, Rivers, Abroad etc. All goes in here
andy g
Expert

River Trip to Yalding. August 6th

Post by andy g »

Folks

I am organising a river trip on Saturday Aug 6th to Yalding , starting from the boathouse at 10.00 and hoping to be on the river by 11.30 . Paddle up to Sluice Gate Weir , run the canoe chute , and return.

This will be the assessment for those who have taken my beginners/1 Star course, but all club members are welcome to join us.

For those who feel ready, I am willing to assess you for 1 (and 2) Star during the course of the trip.

Please let me know in advance and book a boat and any equipment you need out with Ada, please note that the course candidates have first choice of boats.

Regards

Andy

andy g
Expert

Re: River Trip to Yalding. August 6th

Post by andy g »

For those coming on Saturday to Yalding this is the provisional timetable:

10.00 Meet at Danson Boathouse to sort out boats and kit.
(I will have picked up boats for Jack and Louis at the pool tonight)

10.30 Set off for Yalding .

11.30 Arrive at Yalding and park alongside the canalised bit of the river just before the bridge.

12.00 Get on river at canoe landing stage just before low bridge into pub car park

Paddle up to Sluice Gate weir observing/assessing 1 Star skills en route

Eat Lunch at Sluice Gate weir

Run Canoe chute , play in pool below etc.

Paddle back to Yalding observing/assessing 2 Star skills en route

15.00 latest , arrive back at Yalding
16.00 latest arrive back at Danson and unload boats

Please confirm that you are coming to me, either by replying here, or by email to andy.garlick "at" yahoo.com , or text me on 07790 812911.

So far we have me, Sam, Derek , Ann, Jack, Jacqui , Louis, Cormac.

Andy

andy g
Expert

Re: River Trip to Yalding. August 6th

Post by andy g »

Sorry I should have mentioned that each paddler will need boat, paddle, deck, and helmet. Anybody going directly to Yalding please make sure that you have all of these in addition to suitable clothing for paddling outside. The air and water temperature should be OK , but we expecting rain during the day.
Andy