Kayak Safety Cover July 24th

Surf, Rivers, Abroad etc. All goes in here
andy g
Expert

Kayak Safety Cover July 24th

Post by andy g »

Folks ,
Any interest in providing safety cover for the Essex Triathlon on Sunday 24th July.
£50 per safety kayaker, I will drive so could offer lifts for a small share of the fuel costs.
The only negative is the early start , 06.00 for safety briefing at North Fambridge, which means a very early start from here, but the swimming leg should be all over by 09.00 leaving you the rest of the day.

Let me know if interested

Andy

OSB
Expert
The sum of the first two numbers: 5

Re: Kayak Safety Cover July 24th

Post by OSB »

Andy,

I could be interested, provided that folks don't mind the risk of having to be hauled out of the water by someone who's only just back in a boat!

I can get myself to Chelmsford, but don't have a boat, kit or a roofrack...

Please let me know if I can help,
Sam

andy g
Expert

Post by andy g »

Sam
If you book a club boat out with Ada, he can provide you with the gear.
I can give you a lift , or transport the boat and gear for you if that is easier?
We don't actually haul people out of the water , that is done by the rescue craft, we give swimmers support and summon the rescue boats when needed , I can fill you in as we go.
I don't think rusty ability is much of a problem , these guys are absolutely desperate for kayak safety boaters.
Andy
(07790 812911)

andy g
Expert

Post by andy g »

Sam
Looks like we will be a team of 4 , JJ and myself from here , you, and Steve Laws will join us making his own way there.
Have you sorted out a boat and gear yet?
Andy