3 Star Touring Training.

Surf, Rivers, Abroad etc. All goes in here
Tharlow
Expert

3 Star Touring Training.

Post by Tharlow »

3 Star touring training -- Nov 21st and 28th (2 consecutive Sundays) £35
I am interesting in doing this course,any more information?
These are the BCU Three Star Touring Award - Guidance Notes
http://www.bcu.org.uk/files/3%20Star%20 ... 202008.pdf

Randy Fandango
Expert

Re: 3 Star Touring Training.

Post by Randy Fandango »

Hi Tim,
The course is obviously the training course for the award so some of the info in the guidance notes doesn't quite apply.
By this I mean that although a candidate is more than welcome to turn up in any craft suitable for their assessment when doing their assessment, on the training days (since two days really isn't a long time to fit in all the skills in the award) I won't be mixing different craft.
Over the training days I'll be using kayaks so as to be able to coach all on the course the same content at the same time.
If there's enough interest in a separate training course looking at the O/C version of the award (or any other kind of suitable craft -- SOTs, etc) I would certainly consider running another training course.
I hope that's of some help.
Giles

Robert A
The sum of the first two numbers: 5

Post by Robert A »

Hi Giles,
I am interested in doing this course,how do i get on board?
Many Thanks,
Bob.

Randy Fandango
Expert

Post by Randy Fandango »

Hello!
The best thing is to contact Mark who's coordinating the course but if you can't get hold of him ( :-) ) get back to me and one way or another we'll definitely get you on the course.
Hope that's ok
Giles

fiona.ng
The sum of the first two numbers: 5

Post by fiona.ng »

Hi Giles,

I heard you are doing the 3 star WW introduction course.

Could you tell me the dates on the above please?

As for the 3 star touring training, when is the latest I need to revert to you as I need to find out the church reading rota before i can commit to this?

Many thanks

Fiona

Randy Fandango
Expert

Post by Randy Fandango »

Hi Fiona. The ww intro course and the 3 star ww course are being based from the same venue in North Wales on the same weekend (Nov 13 and 14) but aren't the same course.
The intro is as it's name suggests (and ideal for you I would have said) while the 3 star ww is for people with a reasonable bit of ww experience on G2 who wish to sharpen their river running skills.
The 3 star ww training course will be followed by an assessment day at a later date.
For the 3 star touring course, Mark is coordinating who's on it but basically I'm sure you'd be fine making your decision virtually on the morning of the course, although obviously we'd prefer to know who's on it with a bit more notice....
Giles

Tharlow
Expert

Post by Tharlow »

I am still interested in doing this course.
Any more information,venue,times?

Randy Fandango
Expert

Post by Randy Fandango »

Hi Tim.
The training will be at Southmere Boating Centre on the dates above, starting at 10.00 and finishing at 4.00.
Obviously, a quick glance at the notes will show you that you're likely to get wet ( :-) ) so I'd recommend appropriate clothing for that -- a drysuit or serious wetsuit perhaps.
Mark is actually co-ordinating who's on the course so a chat with him would probably be a good idea to find out if there's enough people to make the course happen at the moment. Perhaps I'd better have that chat with him too. :?
Giles