2 Star Course

Surf, Rivers, Abroad etc. All goes in here
andy g
Expert

2 Star Course

Post by andy g »

Folks
After a very successful 1Star beginners course in July, I have been asked to run another course in September/October to take paddlers forward from 1 to 2 Star standard.
I know that Fiona, her husband and one or two from the beginners course are interested , but could you possibly spread the word around and let me know how many takers there are likely to be.
The format will be 2 or 3 pool sessions , 3 or 4 outside sessions culminating in a longer river trip. To obtain 2 Star you must have experience of another craft , so we would normally cover this with at least one session in open boats which Barry has kindly offered to cover for us.
Regards
Andy G

Leep72
The sum of the first two numbers: 5

Re: 2 Star Course

Post by Leep72 »

I have just registered on your website and was looking around to see if you do any level 2 courses (good timing).
I have done a bit of kayaking before, including a 1 star course in Oakhampton / Exeter last October, but have not done anything since and am very eager to get back into it.

Could you please let me have details of dates, cost etc. as soon as you have them.

Also, how do I go about coming along to one of the club sessions at crook log? I thought this would be good way of getting back into it before I saw your post.

Many Thanks,
Lee.

Tharlow
Expert

Post by Tharlow »

Quite happy to help Barry with any open canoe newcomers.
Meanwhile here is some theory homework for open canoeists
http://www.songofthepaddle.co.uk/strokes.htm
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_4RJAeP7pDI

andy g
Expert

Post by andy g »

Lee
You are welcome on the course , and of course to come along to our open sessions. You can attend 3 as a non-memeber before we ask you to join the club.
Pool sessions are at Crook Log on Wednesday 20.15 to 21.15 ,
Thrursday is a less crowded session between 21.15 and 22.15
Cost is £5 for non-members.
Another good way to meet us would be to come along on a Saturday morning at Danson Lake between 10.30 and 13.00 , there are plenty of people of all abilities there . This weekend is our major event , the London International Polo Tournament , so by all means come and help us , but there will be no recreational paddling because we are committed to making the event run as smnoothly as posible.

The timings and cost of the course are not finalised but will be around £45 to £50

Regards
Andy

Leep72
The sum of the first two numbers: 5

Post by Leep72 »

Hi Andy, any news on the dates for the 2 * course yet?

Cheers,
Lee.

Randy Fandango
Expert

Post by Randy Fandango »

Lee: you have a PM :-)

andy g
Expert

Post by andy g »

For those of you interested in a 2 Star course (and several others as well) please see the entry on the home page about course dates and costs.
I would strongly endorse each of these courses (at the appropriate level) for newer paddlers of all abilities, they will be an excellent introduction/development of your paddling techniques and being held over 2 days will show you a different approach to coaching.
I look forward to joining you on the river trip at least.
Regards
Andy