Teifi Tour October 30/31st

Surf, Rivers, Abroad etc. All goes in here
andy g
Expert

Teifi Tour October 30/31st

Post by andy g »

Folks
After a reconnaisance mission last year to this river in south western Wales, I am prepared to organise a club trip for 2010, but I need to gauge numbers in order to size the accomodation appropriately.

The attached link shows the details
www.llandysul-paddlers.org.uk/club/teifi_tour.htm
Depending on water levels the river is mainly Grade 2 with some stretches of 3 and a couple harder Grade 4 falls. Almost all the major features are all easily portaged, but safety cover is excellent and provided by professional rescue organisations. Even if you do swim you won't lose any gear.

Club paddlers would need have done at least one whitewater trip, but please talk with Di, me, or Mark if you are unsure. It would make an excellent open boat trip, perhaps portaging the harder parts. It would be an excellent family trip with the youngsters (and parents!) being able to portage anything they did not fancy on the day.

Without commitment would you like to indicate your interest.

Andy

June Al Malah
Supporting Member

Re: Teifi Tour October 30/31st

Post by June Al Malah »

Hello

sounds interesting, please add me to the list and I will confirm nearer the time.

June

x

andy g
Expert

Post by andy g »

Guys and Gals
So far this is just June and I, we really need a few more if this is to be a worthwhile club trip. Any takers please? I have to make a decision about accomodation in the next week or so, so please register your interest.
Regards
Andy

andy g
Expert

Post by andy g »

Due to the lack of interest this trip is cancelled.
I will try again next year in the hope of getting some of you to tackle this very different river in western Wales.
Regards
Andy