For Andy G - Thames Trip 22nd June

Surf, Rivers, Abroad etc. All goes in here
Liz
Supporting Member

For Andy G - Thames Trip 22nd June

Post by Liz »

Andy,

In regards to your Merdian poster you gave out at the pool last night.

Just to let you know that The Ahoy Centre Warden is in fact the Watersports Centre Manager Tony MASON (not Stone).

I think if anyone has any queries that are related to the Ahoy Centre, they should be run through you first and you speak to Tony personnally, rather than people phoning the Ahoy Centre or Tony on his mobile, as many of the staff there will not know what you are talking about. The centre can get very busy.

This is just bearing in mind that Tony opened the centre on his day off, when there were no other activities on there the last time you did the thames trip.

Also the Thames Barrier has a new Operational Manager and you need to contact them two days prior to the trip to authorise passage through the barrier. They do not want you to use the main part of the barrier. However saying that the safety boat probably will have to use the main part as the bit you will go through is too shallow for a rib.

Cheers
Liz

andy g
Expert

Re: For Andy G - Thames Trip 22nd June

Post by andy g »

Thanks Liz
Sorry about the misprint , I know it is Tony Mason , I misheard his voice mail once which where the Stone came from. You are right that contact should be through me for everything up until the trip itself, but under the school's risk assessment policy I have to give some contact numbers for the day itself. I don't think anyone did contact him last time , not woul di expet this time either.
I am well aware that he opened up the centre for us, and we were all extremely grateful for this, especially the disabled paddlers. I was not sure whether we ought to trespass on his hospitality again so soon , but when I very polietly asked he was more than willing , hence my going ahead.
Thanks for the warning about the Thames Barrier they were certainly on my list to contact , along with the PLA , the River Police , the RNLI.

For those who don't come to the pool sessions here is a leaflet for this event.
Regards
Andy
Attachments
Thames Paddle 2 no header.doc
(28 KiB) Downloaded 320 times