Perception Wavehopper Challenge - Sunday 30th May

Surf, Rivers, Abroad etc. All goes in here
MalcolmB

Perception Wavehopper Challenge - Sunday 30th May

Post by MalcolmB »

The 7th Perception Wavehopper Challenge will be held on Danson Park Lake on Sunday 30th May 2010. Although this is a Junior competition there will be an open event for anyone else as well.
On the same day there will be a Time Trial in which you can paddle any kayak or canoe.
The information for both these events is now on the club website (EVENTS, Wavehopper Challenge).
I will need help to run this event:
Time keepers for start & finish, (for both events).
Club members on the water to act as Safety Cover.
Club members to supervise tea, coffee, soft drinks etc. for competitors.
Certificate writing - Someone with neat handwriting.

MalcolmB

Re: Perception Wavehopper Challenge - Sunday 30th May

Post by MalcolmB »

Thankyou to everyone who came and took part on Sunday. I hope you all enjoyed yourselves in spite of the weather being a little bit windy.
Eleven people took part in the Wavehopper Event and twelve people entered the time trial.
Thankyou also to Jane & Brian Borrett, Mark Preddy, Andy Garlick (Safety), Tim Harlow (Safety), Kim & Adrian Hollman - for loan of another Lightning, Dom Murphy (Banbury Canoe Club) - for the Wavehoppers, Mike Reagan (1st Crayford Scouts) - for the use of the trailer.
The results will be posted in the next few days and emailed out to all competitors.
If anyone has any comments or suggestions about the Perception Wavehopper Challenge and the Time Trial then please either post on here or feel free to e-mail me. malcolm.blowers@virgin.net

Malcolm

Tharlow
Expert

Re: Perception Wavehopper Challenge - Sunday 30th May

Post by Tharlow »

Thanks are due for organising a fun day.
Next year,how about including an open canoe challenge?