French Alps Trip 25th June - 5th July 2010

Surf, Rivers, Abroad etc. All goes in here
Brian
Expert

French Alps Trip 25th June - 5th July 2010

Post by Brian »

French Alps Trip

Fri 25th June – Mon 5th July 2010

This invite is for members and non-members alike.
All comers are welcome

Whether you are new to white water paddling, have several years of experience under your belt or just fancy a holiday in the French Alps this trip is for you. You do not have to be a couple or have a paddling companion to go on this trip.

The trip will be based at the Vallouise campsite in the French region of Hautes Alpes. Google “camping a Vallouise” then click the translate prompt for further details. The site is about 12 hours journey from Calais so we will be breaking the journey by stopping at http://www.espaceeauvive.fr/ on the way through, this is just an option for those not wishing to do the drive in one hit. Where possible we will try and sort out car sharing etc closer to the time to try and save some money.

We intend paddling every thing from flat water up to grade 3 + 4 .

We will have several structured sessions on the white water course at L' Argentiere la bassee; which is just a few miles from the campsite. And shall also have some coaching based river trips for the less experienced paddler.

For the more experienced paddler we intend to paddle at least one higher-grade river per day, with groups possibly being split depending on water levels, transport and the wishes of each individual paddler.

For those wishing to join us but not intending to paddle; Hautes Alpes area has a great deal to offer i.e. cycling, walking, site seeing etc. check out Google again.

At this point it would be useful to have a “very rough “ idea how many; if any, would be interested in this trip, so please contact me via the email address or phone if this trip appeals to you; even if you cannot fully commit to it at this time.
If you would like to give me a ring to discuss any concerns paddling or otherwise about this trip please feel free to do so.

07820107204 or 01322273781 or
jane_borrett1@ntlworld.com

PS for new paddlers
Provided you have the basic paddle skills i.e. forwards, backwards, stop, sideways, and not afraid of getting wet then this trip will be suitable for you. Contact me if you would like me to arrange a few dates to get you started on moving water.
Once again If you would like to give me a ring to discuss any concerns paddling or otherwise about this trip please feel free to do so.

Best wishes
Brian Borrett

samk
Expert

Re: French Alps Trip 25th June - 5th July 2010

Post by samk »

Woo - France! I'm in :D

antoinettekriel
The sum of the first two numbers: 5

Post by antoinettekriel »

Hi, I would be interested in going on this trip. Would need to know a bit more about cost etc. however before can make a firm commitment.

Cheers,
Antoinette

Brian
Expert

Post by Brian »

hi
thanks for your interest
all i can say at this time is that we intend keeping cost down to the minimum .
we will get a better idea closer to the date when we have numbers of people going and can sort out : car transport/ferry crossing cost sharing etc
brian

Paul French
Expert

Post by Paul French »

Lots of water, lots of sunshine, some on and off water entertainment....a great trip.

Thanks Brian for not orgaining the trip.

BTW anyone fancy a one dayer to Vallouise.......

Yours

Paul