Scotland Trip 4th March - 10th March 2010

Surf, Rivers, Abroad etc. All goes in here
Brian
Expert

Scotland Trip 4th March - 10th March 2010

Post by Brian »

Club members and non-members welcome

A group of us are heading for Scotland on the above dates; if you wish to join us you are welcome.

I shall be driving up leaving early Thursday, I believe that there will be others driving up as well but, as we are in the early stages of arranging the trip it is yet to be confirmed how many people/boats are going up by road.

I will have spaces for 4 extra boats and kit on my van (first come first served). The idea being some people may be able to fly to Glasgow later in the week and hire a car to get to Scotland. .

I have contacted a few places to stay, bunkhouse type accommodation seems to be in no shortage of supply so I shall wait till I have an idea of numbers before I try and get a deal with one.

Unlike the French trip later in the year you will need to be experienced in paddling white water

If you would like to give me a ring to discuss any concerns paddling or otherwise about this trip please feel free to do so.

Please contact me earlier rather than later if you are interested in this trip.

Brian Borrett

01322 273781
jane.borrett1@ntlworld.com
Last edited by Brian on Thu Jan 21, 2010 2:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

samk
Expert

Re: Scotland Trip 4th March - 10th March 2010

Post by samk »

Again - count me in :)

Brian
Expert

Post by Brian »

looking at the following accommodation for this trip as recommended by Paul French

http://www.inchreecentre.co.uk/

The cost per night will be between about £12 - £15 per person per night depending if you are staying for 2 or 6 nights
So far the following people have shown an interest in going the names with a * next to their names means they are defiantly going.

Brian Borrett*
Sam K*
Phil Lowers*
Mick The fish
Steve Pitch
Paul French*
Jim iron lungs Lamb

at the moment the Inchree centre have some accommodation still available but i will need to reserve chalets sooner rather than later so please contact me asap if your interested.
many thanks
brian
Last edited by Brian on Sun Nov 29, 2009 3:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Brian
Expert

Post by Brian »

Paul French will be traveling up in the afternoon of thursday 4th and will be returning on Monday 8th,he has kindly offered to give lifts to anyone wishing to go.
thanks Paul
brian
Last edited by Brian on Fri Jan 22, 2010 11:49 am, edited 2 times in total.

Brian
Expert

Post by Brian »

hi all
we now have it confirmed that people are flying to glasgow on the friday evening and flying back on sunday evening.( stanstead/glasgow)
flights on ryan are about £55 return and car hire starts from about £50 which will be split between the amount of people travelling.
the plan is still to put boats and kit in and on the cars travelling from london so that those flying up will not have the hassle or expense of getting equipment on to planes and up to scotland. ( i think its only fair that there will be a small charge for this option,i would guess about £15/£20 ish per boat/kit) ( comments please )
brian

mark
Expert

Post by mark »

Brian,

I am very interested in this option will talk to you later

Mark

Brian
Expert

Post by Brian »

hi all
good news ! jim "iron lungs" lamb is going to join us on our mini adventure :D
i am looking to book the ichree accommodation as the smiddy's bunk house worked out to dear.
i am looking to book a chalet asap so if you did wish to join us please contact me sooner rather than later. the cost will be roughly £15 per night
The following are confirmed on the trip so far:

Jim Lamb
Sam K
Phil Lowers
Paul French
Mark Preddy
Brian Borrett

as always if you have any queries please call
Brian

Brian
Expert

Post by Brian »

hi again
i have booked one chalet :P

samk
Expert

Post by samk »

Awesome! Thanks for sorting that out :)

Randy Fandango
Expert

Post by Randy Fandango »

I think I can swing it that I can join you guys for the weekend too (if that's OK). :-)
What time etc (and who) are folks flying up to Glasgow?
Obviously if that mucks up accommodation let me know and I'll see what I can sort out.
Giles