Medway Trip Sunday Nov 15th

Surf, Rivers, Abroad etc. All goes in here
russell_haddock
Supporting Member

Re: Medway Trip Sunday Nov 15th

Post by russell_haddock »

Andy

Well done and thanks for a great day out again, the weather was stunning yet again. Never seen a lock with water levels so high that the waters pooring over the top of the gates. Sorry that James held the pack up because he thought it would be a good idea to kayak from the river into a field :roll:

Ah yes and spare a thought for the poor sheep that went the other way, from the field into the river :cry:

Russ

allan
The sum of the first two numbers: 5

Post by allan »

Andy

Just to echo Russell's post. Thanks to all who helped and to Andy for booking such great weather for the Sunday.
Made it a great day for all us newbie's. Even Jackie enjoyed the day and she does'nt do cold and wet apparently.

Jackie, Allan and Iain
:lol:

Tharlow
Expert

Post by Tharlow »

Also thanks to June for the chocolate marble cake.
Most welcome.
Got an interesting recipe for the next trip...
See you Saturday!

russell_haddock
Supporting Member

Post by russell_haddock »

I didn't get any of the cake as it was left with James to give to me, never leave food anywhere near James if it's mean't for an alternative destination!!!

Can i reserve some for next time please June.

Russ

June Al Malah
Supporting Member

Post by June Al Malah »

Hello

thanks Andy for organising. I had a nice paddle in the Canadian with Tim and in Russell's 232.

June

x

andy g
Expert

Post by andy g »

Thank you all for your kind words.
I do these trips because I enjoy them too, but it nice to be able to introduce others to our "local river". It was a good trip, in exceptional weather (for November!) You are all making a lot of progress considering many of you were raw beginners back in the summer. I am sorry that we could not inject a modicum of excitement by using the canoe chutes, but under the conditions it was just not sensible.

I did get some cake , and very good it was too. Thanks June.

As a result of the very high water levels we did not get the practice on moving water that I would have liked, but I will organise another trip soon to try to ensure that all those wishing to progress onto moving water do get some training.

It was novel being able to paddle onto a field from the river and where we did it, it was indeed very safe, but please be warned, if you do this in future please make sure you can get back onto the river without going near any of the typical field boundaries , trees, hedges and especially barbed wire.

See you all soon

Andy

allan
The sum of the first two numbers: 5

Post by allan »

Russell

Probably the best chocolate cake I have ever tasted and I have had a few cakes in my time.

Allan :lol: