Medway Trip Sunday Nov 15th

Surf, Rivers, Abroad etc. All goes in here
Paul Winslow

Re: Medway Trip Sunday Nov 15th

Post by Paul Winslow »

andy g wrote:We will then paddle upstream to Bolters lock to try the newest canoe chute there
Andy,

I think you'll find the lock above Hartklake is called 'Porters' not Bolters!! ;)

Are you sure the new canoe pass will be open on November 15th? According to Medway Canoe Trail's website it will be closed until Nov 17th to allow for work at Eldridges Lock. The EA's website says it will be closed until 18th December. See the links below.

http://www.medwaycanoetrail.co.uk/
http://www.environment-agency.gov.uk/ho ... 31579.aspx

Paul

For anyone who hasn't seen what's been happening at Porters Lock, have a look at these links:

http://www.environment-agency.gov.uk/ho ... 08214.aspx
http://www.medwaycanoetrail.co.uk/Porterscanoepass.php

Paul

allan
The sum of the first two numbers: 5

Post by allan »

Andy

jackie, Iain and I will need spray decks and paddles. Iain would like to use the liquid logic lil joe and Jackie will see what is at the boat house, I am borrowing a boat to try out with view to buying in the future. We will meet you at the boathouse and we have a roof rack.
Allan

Tharlow
Expert

Post by Tharlow »

Andy,
spoke to June at Crook Log and we would like to take an open canoe on this trip.
Tony has kindly agreed to squeeze it on his roof rack.
Does this fit in with your plans?
If,so anyone else fancy joining us in an open?

Lauren Costelloe

Post by Lauren Costelloe »

I'd like to join the trip please and I'll meet at the boathouse - unfortuantely I don't have a roof rack!

Lauren

fizzannand
Supporting Member

Post by fizzannand »

Hi andy

I'd like to come along to the trip on the 15th please.
I'll need a boat and kit - and i will also need to scrounge a space on someones roofrack as i dont have one.

Thanks

fizz

andy g
Expert

Post by andy g »

Thanks Paul
It looks like we will not be able to paddle Porters Lock , but perhaps we will paddle up to it and have a look anyway., depending upon timing.
I will start taking some of the requested boats from Crook Log after the session on Thursday, everyone else will take their pick from whatever is in the boathouse on Sunday morning
We should have enough roof rack capacity for those unabale to transport thir own boats and I will have spare seats as well , so lets try to keep the number of cars down.
We may need £2.50 in coins for the car park at Yalding , but I suspect we will try to park on the road for free.
Look forward to seeing you all on Sunday, I hope to be at the Thursday pool session and possibly the Wednesday one as well.
In view of the website possibly going down , please text me with your name and mobile numbers to 07790 812911 mentioning Medway Trip. At least we should be able to keep in contact if as expected we loose this forum
Regards
Andy

June Al Malah
Supporting Member

Post by June Al Malah »

Hello

I will be joining you and paddling an open canoe with Tim - I think he will speak to you about arrangements.

Fizz will be joining the group too.

June

x

Dave&Gill

Post by Dave&Gill »

Andy,

We'd need boats, paddles and PBD's for the trip.
Gill would like to use the Inazone 230 and I'm ok with the red/black Dagger RPM, both usually at the boathouse.

We don't have a roofrack but can fit the Inazone inside the car, possibly the dagger as well?, if they end up going on somebody elses roof then we will have 2x passenger space for those who want it.

rgds, dave.

andy g
Expert

Post by andy g »

Dave
No problem on the IZ 230, but I think the Dagger RPMs have been booked out that day. I am sure we can find something else suitable.
Also I am sure that we can manage transport on someone's roof rack
Regards
Andy

Ada
Expert

Post by Ada »

Current Boat bookings for Trip:-
Tony 2 RPM's
Fizz Redline
Gill Inazone 230
Dave ?