River Medway Clean Up Sunday April 14th

Surf, Rivers, Abroad etc. All goes in here
andy g
Expert

River Medway Clean Up Sunday April 14th

Post by andy g »

The 2019 River Medway Clean Up will be on Sunday 14th April. It would be nice to see a good number of Meridian paddlers helping the effort and "mucking in" . There should be lots of lifts available from the boathouse for paddlers and boats on the day.
British Canoeing are keen to use this as part of their Clear Access: Clean waters campaign, and want to get local MPs to come and witness our efforts.
I am working with other clubs from the area who use the Medway. We already have a promise of open boats from Kent Canoes.
We will be concentrating on those parts of the river that we did not reach last time , Teston , East Farleigh down to Maidstone.
Please post here if you can make it and whether you can offer a lift.
Youth paddlers welcome , as are non-paddlers as we always need bank walkers to collect the rubbish paddlers cannot reach.

Andy G
(o) 7703 823619 or andy dot garlick at yahoo dot com

Tharlow
Expert

Re: River Medway Clean Up Sunday April 14th

Post by Tharlow »

Andy has received the kit from SAS for our River Medway clean up on Sunday April 14th. We have plenty of sacks , gloves , cleaning fluid , a sharps disposal container, so we are really well equipped . What we are lacking is volunteers. Please can you come down and help us. We are short of people for keeping the Yalding site manned, bank rubbish collectors , kayakers and open boaters. The target of cleaning from Yalding to East Farleigh is ambitious, and to stand any chance of this we need more willing hands. Please support this event. Let me or Andy know if you can make it. We will provide transport for boats and paddlers.

Tharlow
Expert

Re: River Medway Clean Up Sunday April 14th

Post by Tharlow »

Photos on Meridian Facebook page.
If you cannot access Facebook and would like me to post them on here, I am happy to do so.