South Wales Trip on February 17/18/19 2017

Surf, Rivers, Abroad etc. All goes in here
andy g
Expert

Re: South Wales Trip on February 17/18/19 2017

Post by andy g »

Guys , we are now in the final countdown , so pray for rain before Friday.

For Drivers : Using the postcode of LD3 8NE should take you from Brecon to Libanus and on towards Penstar Bunkhouse. I'm informed that the last mile or so is the only tricky part. Coming from Libanus, the first turning is a right fork , the second is a left fork (but at this turning there is a sign for the bunkhouse pointing left) and it then the third turning on the left.

There has been some slight reorganisation of cars and paddlers: Diana and Jenny are also taking Nikki Boyce, I am bringing Jim and Gemma. These 2 cars are likely to be the vanguard which will aim to get a paddle in on the Friday afternoon. Then Martin is now bringing Murray and Lara in addition to Gabe, they will arrive late afternoon. Chris, Tom , Lora and Sofie are also planning a late afternoon arrival, followed by Paul and Teresa, David, will bring Keren, Roman and Alina (the latter are staying in a B&B in Libanus but will join us for Saturday night's meal. The last to arrive will be Tony Tim, and Jack, somewhat later in the evening.

A reminder to bring a sleeping bag, but pillows and pillowslips are provided.

Concerning food I have Jack and Nikki as veggies , and Loren as gluten intolerant. If Jack or Nikki would like to select a few choice items for breakfast and supper that we can cook alongside the carnivore's option I will re-imburse you. For the remainder there will cereals and cooked breakfast each day, and the cooked meal on Saturday is as above (Jim's home made soup, roast chicken, jacket potato and veg, and some kind of pud) I will provide chocolate based snacks for the day on the river, and something to make a packed lunch for the Sunday. Regarding rivers everything looks low , but the Tywi is on a medium and may hold up, but i expect we will focus on the Usk for the majority of our stay if there is water. However please pack some walking boots , just in case.....

Andy