First Aid Courses

Surf, Rivers, Abroad etc. All goes in here
andy g
Expert

First Aid Courses

Post by andy g »

With the help of Adrian Boyce as provider the club is going to run first aid courses over this winter. This will include the new training on the use of AEDs (defibrillators) plus any other recent updates to the Aquatic First Aid syllabus. In order to gain maximum benefit we propose splitting the participants into different categories, so Ada can tailor each session better. The basic division is between those wishing to renew their existing qualifications, and those for whom this is an initial course, the secondary division is between those wishing for the "part 1" (8 hours) and "part 2" (16 hours+) . Would you please respond here, or on the club FB page if you wish to take up this opportunity, and indicate into which category you fall. It is envisaged that the first course (renewers Part 1) will take place at Danson over 2 evening sessions in late November/early December followedby part 2 at a later date. This will be followed by similar courses for first timers.

andy g
Expert

Re: First Aid Courses

Post by andy g »

Guys

The first part 1 course for those who already have undertaken first aid training is running on Mondays Nov 21st and 28th.

The venue is the Danson boat house "clubroom" and it will start at 07.30

I will post again re costs but it is likely to be very much lower than commercial offerings, or other clubs that I have looked at.

Andy

Those attending are: Paul French, Jack Lamer, Hannah Grant, Nigel Abel, Di Wade, Alison Gray, Nikki Boyce, Derek Playford, Paul Dengate, Kristian King, Ross Gordon, me

andy g
Expert

Costs for First Aid Courses

Post by andy g »

Guys

As promised here is are the approx. costs for these courses:

For level 1 costs will be £30 plus BCU certification fee of £6 for BCU members and £9 for non-members. Level 2 will take place on a further evening at at time to be confirmed at a cost of £15 , plus certification fees of £6 for BCU members and £9 for those non-members.

Andy

In order to spare Ada the admin burden I will collect monies and remit them to him. If you want to send me money via BACS that is fine , but if you don't have my account and sort code send me an email and I will let you have them . I would rather not put my bank account details on a public forum.

davidwillis
The sum of the first two numbers: 5

Post by davidwillis »

Please would you include my name for both of these courses:

name: David Willis mobile no: 07710551326

andy g
Expert

Post by andy g »

OK Dave , see you a week today at the Boathouse.

Andy

andy g
Expert

Post by andy g »

Guys

As I will be away at the weekend here is a last posting about this course. The first session of Part 1 starts on Monday 21st November at 19.30 at the Boathouse.

Please bring cash or a cheque made out to Meridian Canoe Club for amount as detailed above , or I will give out details for BACS transfer.

Participants are: Me , Jack , Hannah, Paul F, Alison, Di, Jim , Dave Wills, Nigel, Derek , Ross, Paul Dengate and Kristian King.

Andy

andy g
Expert

Post by andy g »

Great start to the First Aid courses last night thanks to Ada (plus Annies and AEDs)

The next Part 1 session is next Monday 28th November also at the boathouse.

For next session Ada will need our BCU numbers for those wishing to register their qualifications, so please either post here , or bring along your card.

There was a mistake on the BCU Registration fees in my previous posting, £6/£9 is correct for Part 1 , but it is also £6/£9 for Part 2.

The date agreed for Part 2 of the course was Monday December 12th.

Those attending part 1 were : Nikki, Nigel, Jim, Di, Paul F, Ross, Alison, Paul Dentate from WAM.

All those who could not make last night's session will need to start with the next course which is likely to start in the New Year.

Andy