1 Star Assessment : Sunday 26th June

Surf, Rivers, Abroad etc. All goes in here
andy g
Expert

1 Star Assessment : Sunday 26th June

Post by andy g »

Guys

This is aimed at those who have completed the May or June beginners courses plus any club members who have not previously been formally assessed.

It will take place at Danson Lake on Sunday 26th June , and although timing is somewhat dependent upon numbers attending you should bank on it lasting from 10.00 to about 16.00.

You will need at least 1 complete change of clothing. The last skill to be assessed is a planned capsize and swim ashore with your paddles and boat, so you will certainly need it after that, however an earlier inadvertent capsize could benefit from a second set of dry gear.

I will demonstrate each skill in a group session , but obviously the assessment will need to be undertaken individually. The beginners course will have equipped you with the basics, but please see me in the pool if you would like any help, advice or extra coaching on any of the syllabus.

A copy of the BCU/Canoe England syllabus, is available via the following link
https://f58619eed67ecf47f9c5-69635130c4 ... llabus.pdf

There is no charge for the assessment itself BUT if you want a full Canoe England certificate then there is a small fee to be paid directly to them. I will only issue "pass slips"

Please me know here if you wish to be assessed, or see me at the general pool session, so that I can gauge some idea about numbers.

Andy (Garlick) 0 7703 823619 or andy dot garlick at yahoo dot com

andy g
Expert

Re: 1 Star Assessment : Sunday 26th June

Post by andy g »

Guys

This assessment takes place tomorrow at Danson from 10.00 until we are finished which I am hoping won't be too long , but perhaps prepare for it lasting until 15.00/16.00

Andy