thames trip

Surf, Rivers, Abroad etc. All goes in here
Brian
Expert

thames trip

Post by Brian »

I heard through the grape vine that there may be a Thames trip on the 16 November
is this an open invitation? if so could we have some details of where from, where to, start times, transport ,ect
many thanks
brian

Paul Winslow

Re: thames trip

Post by Paul Winslow »

Hi Brian,

Mark P has asked me to reply to your post.

I haven’t planned anything for 16th Nov at this stage. However, the tides are good that day for a Greenwich to Westminster / Battersea trip. Consequently, I did email 4 coaches to see if they were free to help if I organised a trip. They’re not, and so far I’ve taken it no further. I assume this is what’s got on the ‘grapevine’, unless someone else has had a similar idea!

If I do run a trip, I’ll advertise it on this forum.

Regards

Paul

Brian
Expert

Post by Brian »

ta
count me in if you do run the trip
i think i am still a coach but with the latest shinnanagans with the coaching scheme who knows
thanks
brian

mark
Expert

Post by mark »

Hi Brian,
I have spoken with Paul today and said that I was up for going along with William and the reeled off a list of experienced Thames paddlers who I beleieve will go. So it looks likely to happen.
This will be a kayaking trip with appropriate Safety provided by Kayakers if the trip goes ahead.
Mark

andy g
Expert

Post by andy g »

Paul and Brian
Count me in too
I would certainly like both to participate and to help with coaching and organisation for this trip.
I will ask the DoE students if they would like to come. Suspect there would be only 1 or 2 takers
Regards
Andy

jake_L
Supporting Member

Post by jake_L »

Paul,
I was wondering if my any of my Thames experience would come in handy to you?
Jake

mark
Expert

Post by mark »

Jake,
If you would like to come along on the trip then of course you would be more than welcome, there will be a lot of us on the trip that have paddled alot on the thames but one more would always be welcome
Mark

Paul Winslow

Post by Paul Winslow »

Hi All,

Thames Bridges Trip is now definitely on!

It’s a spring tide with HW at London Bridge at 3:45pm. So we will start paddling from Greenwich around 11am.

I'll post more details later in the week. Please let me know if you plan to come - either by email (paul.winslow@talk21.com) or on this forum.

Paul
07710 876886

Tharlow
Expert

Post by Tharlow »

Count me in!
I'm at Crook Log tonight and at the lake on Saturday.
Tim

Randy Fandango
Expert

Post by Randy Fandango »

I'd love to come but sadly can't as I'll be paddling something equally fun and hopefully a lot steeper in North Wales.
Its a tough old life.... :D

Giles