Thames Trip 8th May

Surf, Rivers, Abroad etc. All goes in here
Martin Boardman
Site Admin
The sum of the first two numbers: 5

Re: Thames Trip 8th May

Post by Martin Boardman »

For those who may have tried logging in to the new website:-

The forum logins and access are unchanged, indeed, the forum itself is unchanged. Whatever your login and password were, they still are.

The login on the new website is for members who need to post news items, add events to the club calendar, or edit the content on the website pages.

SharonSwift
Supporting Member

Post by SharonSwift »

Hope this works. Just testing. It wasn't the new website that was my problem, just remembering my log in details as I don't post very often. After many tries I think I've got it now!!

Tharlow
Expert

Post by Tharlow »

SharonSwift wrote:Hope this works. Just testing. It wasn't the new website that was my problem, just remembering my log in details as I don't post very often. After many tries I think I've got it now!!
Sharon, are you are happy with the blue Mega sea-kayak for this trip?

FearlessPhil
Supporting Member

Post by FearlessPhil »

Hi Tim, yes interested. Need a lift for the sea kayak though. I'll be at the lake late morning Saturday to get details.

Phil

SharonSwift
Supporting Member

Post by SharonSwift »

Tim

Do you mean the bigger darker blue one rather than the light blue one I tried on Sat? I don't know. Never tried it but if you think it is fine and stable I could give it a go. Is the light blue one not available?

Tharlow
Expert

Post by Tharlow »

SharonSwift wrote:Tim

Do you mean the bigger darker blue one rather than the light blue one I tried on Sat? I don't know. Never tried it but if you think it is fine and stable I could give it a go. Is the light blue one not available?
The one (Mega) you tried on the grass and Julia used on the last Thames trip
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=1301

SharonSwift
Supporting Member

Post by SharonSwift »

Oh yes, OK that's fine then

andy g
Expert

Post by andy g »

Guys

No-one apart from Tim has booked any club boats or equipment for this trip. If you are hoping to borrow one you MUST book it out via the Equipment Heading on this site. Don't rely on Tim to do this for you , it is very much up to you to do it yourself.

We are having problems with the transport of boats for this trip, with so many folk wanting larger or longer boats. If anyone who does have a roof rack can use it , then please declare it now, or we may have some very difficult choices to make on Saturday.

Andy

Tharlow
Expert

Post by Tharlow »

New arrangements for Thames Trip.

We meet at Park Row, Greenwich SE10 9NW at 10:00.
Unload equipment and leave with non-drivers.
The drivers (max 5) with roof-racks then drive to Westminster Boating Base, Grosvenor Road SW1V 3JY to arrive by 11;00.
I will then take the 5 drivers back to Greenwich to launch by 12:00.

Transport.
Martin, Andy, Alex, Chris and Sharon to do the shuttle.

Paddlers.
Tim H.
Martin & Gabe
Andy
Chris
Yoli,
Phil,
Alex and wife
Rebecca Davey
Sharon and sister Chris
Tia.
Total 13.

Please bring a drink and snack to eat on route and maybe another for when we arrive at WBB.
As Sun is forecast please being sunglasses and wear sunscreen.

Tharlow
Expert

Post by Tharlow »

After much planning, replanning and rescheduling, this trip went without a hitch apart from Lyn deciding to have a dip in the Thames near Blackfriars!

Good to see Phil enjoying his first Thames trip in the Capella..
..and we might have problems getting him out of it!

Sunday lunch was taken overlooking St Paul's, unfortunately with the fast incoming tide, we had to sit in our boats.

Not only was it Phil's first Thames trip, it was also Tia's, Gabe's, Sharon's sister Chris and Rebecca's, who only two weeks ago gained her 1* (sorry all, no pics).
All coped well with a variety of conditions from still water to fast flowing currents and from empty parts of the Thames to the very busy Pool of London.

Thanks to Andy, Martin, Chris, Sharon and Lyn for the shuttle.
Special thanks to Tony H who gave up his Sunday morning lay-in to deliver two boats to Greenwich.