2 Star Course and Assessment.

Surf, Rivers, Abroad etc. All goes in here
andy g
Expert

Re: 2 Star Course and Assessment.

Post by andy g »

Guys

You have all done well by improving your skills throughout the course, I am sorry that I chose to do the assessment a little too soon for most.

The development of skills is a journey, and you only need to progress a little further along the path to be successful. You need more experience. Chose one boat and try to work with that. When there is a choice between polo and a general lake session coaching you need to assess carefully which one you choose

You have developed the base skills, but you really need more practice to get them refined, and to be prepared to go straight into each task without delays or faffing around to psych yourselves up each time. You need to demonstrate that you are managing the boat , and paddling well under control.

For those who wish to continue to pursue the goal , we have a couple of suggestions. Paul and I will continue to run sessions in the pool general session on Wednesdays. Paul will also be running coaching sessions on Saturdays at the lake and will be trying to work on those areas where we you could use improvement.

I possibly have one Saturday morning free on Sept 19th , and if Paul feels that you have made the progress I am prepared to run another assessment session then.