DW 2015

Surf, Rivers, Abroad etc. All goes in here
andy g
Expert

DW 2015

Post by andy g »

Guys,

Is anyone likely to be making an attempt on the Senior K2 race next Easter from the club?

I would prefer to support a home team, but I have been asked to perform the Support Crew role for a Dutch pairing again.

If no-one comes forward from within the club I will join them.

Does anyone want to pair up with me and learn the support crew role? This is an excellent opportunity to see the event from a very different perspective and really get some inside knowledge.

If not Merry Christmas and a Happy and Healthy New Year to all club members.

Andy

andy g
Expert

Re: DW 2015

Post by andy g »

Please support boat 457 over the Easter weekend in the Senior K2 race.

I will be Support Crew for the Dutch pairing of Koen van Ginkel and Jouke Witteween, who are starting at Devizes on Easter Saturday during the morning aiming for the tidal window at Teddington at 05.19 , and hopefully finishing at Westminster between 07.00 and 08.00.

As a safety measure all crews are equipped with a GPS tracker. This is great for us support crews as it enables us not only to check on our ow crew, but also on our rivals' progress as well.

You can follow their progress on the following link http://maps.opentracking.co.uk/dwrace15

Andy

PS If anyone would like to join me to learn the ropes you would be most welcome to come along.