1 and 2 Star Test Assessments : Nov 8th

Surf, Rivers, Abroad etc. All goes in here
andy g
Expert

1 and 2 Star Test Assessments : Nov 8th

Post by andy g »

Guys
In view of the success of the last assessment , I am planning to run another session on Saturday 8th November at Danson Lake.

I will assess any 1* candidates who missed the last session , and I will also do anyone wishing to go for 2* .

Since a lot of 2 Star is doing the 1 Star skills at a higher level I plan to run the 2 assessments simultaneously. The 1 * candidates would leave after their capsize and swim ashore , leaving the 2* folk to do the additional wet tasks of rescues.

Please let me know if this is something you would like to do so I can gauge the interest.

Regards

Andy (Garlick) (0) 7703 823619 or andy dot garlick at yahoo dot com

andy g
Expert

Re: 1 and 2 Star Test Assessments : Nov 8th

Post by andy g »

To anyone interested in the 2* Assessment.

I will at the pool this Wednesday where we can practice the rescues which are needed for 2* . Essentially peer rescues ( or Eskimo Rescues, and X-Rescues, in old terminology) . I won't be able to make the following Wednesday so you will need to practice them by yourselves then in order to be ready.

Andy

andy g
Expert

Post by andy g »

Folks
Is no-one interested in this assessment? If not I will postpone until next spring as the water temperatures will start to drop from now on quite quickly.

Andy

Jane
Expert

Post by Jane »

Hi Andy

I am up for doing the assessment and I was put on the list at the AGM. However I thought it would be done in the summer and not in November. Yes, I am soft but if you are happy to assess again next year when it warms up then I would love to do it.

Thanks

Jane

andy g
Expert

Re: 1 and 2 Star Test Assessments : Nov 8th: Postponed

Post by andy g »

Folks
In view of the recent heavy rain there is currently an advisory "no capsize" warning for Danson Lake. As further rain is forecast and between now and Saturday it does not bode well for better water quality. I have therefore taken the decision to postpone this assessment.

I will plan it for 2015 when the weather and water warms up again.

IF anyone is wanting to conclude their training with an assessment this year , then I am happy to run an assessment at Yalding and combine this with a river trip. Please let me know.

Jane I apologise for not running this earlier this summer as promised at the AGM,however let us make a new start in the New Year.

I am always happy to help paddlers with their 1 and 2* skills at pool sessions , where is is much easier to make those initial moves underwater.

Andy

Jules
The sum of the first two numbers: 5

Post by Jules »

Andy
I would have been keen to do the 2 * assessment but for the cold water, lack of me getting to the pool for practice, and now I am going to be away for the weekend.
I shall do better in the spring time and look forward to it, so thanks for your patience.

Julia