Oare to Faversham Trip Sunday 26th October 2014

Surf, Rivers, Abroad etc. All goes in here
Tharlow
Expert

Oare to Faversham Trip Sunday 26th October 2014

Post by Tharlow »

I am organising another trip from Oare across The Swale to Harty then down Faversham Creek.

Timetable.
Meet at boathouse at 8.30, load boats and leave by 9.00.
Arrive at Oare car park, Church Road, Oare ME13 0QA (free but NO toilets) at 10.15
Launch at 11.00.
Paddle across The Swale to Harty and paddle against the tide for a mile or so hopefully to spot some seals.
We then cross back over The Swale to Horse Sands to look for seals and wildlife, then into Faversham Creek and paddle upto the Town Quay for lunch.
High Water is at 13.49 (GMT).
We leave soon after and use the ebbing tide to return to Oare by 15.00
I hope to return to the boathouse by 17.30.
A chart of The Swale is at:-
http://www.visitmyharbour.com/harbours/ ... chart-2012
and a chart of Faversham Creek is at:-
http://www.visitmyharbour.com/harbours/ ... chart-2012

This 10 mile trip involves paddling across the tide and for a short time, against it; however as it is now mid Autumn wind may influence our plan and we may have to cut short the trip by just paddling from Oare to Faversham and return therefore paddlers should be of a 2* standard.
This is an inter-club trip with our friends from Bewl Water and Maidstone Canoe Clubs.

If you would like more information please contact me here or at the boathouse on the next two Saturday mornings.

This is the day after the clocks have gone back to GMT, so don't waste that extra hour in bed, join us!

Tharlow
Expert

Re: Oare to Faversham Trip Sunday 26th October 2014

Post by Tharlow »

Unfortunately, Gary, whose camper van we use to transport our boats has a contagious virus and can't make the Sunday.
So he, Julia and myself won't be there.
I understand they may be a few from Bewl Water and Maidstone.