Barle White Water Trip Oct 17/18/19

Surf, Rivers, Abroad etc. All goes in here
andy g
Expert

Barle White Water Trip Oct 17/18/19

Post by andy g »

Folks
I am posting this on behalf of Di who is leading this trip.

This is the best white water trip that the trip runs which is suitable for paddlers with limited moving water experience. We paddle the Barle and possibly the Exe, both of which are Grade 2/2+ under normal water conditions, however in the event of unexpectedly high water , the trip leaders may have to restrict paddling to those with wider experience as there can be a tree hazard. You should be confident breaking in and out of flows in the Yalding weir pool as a minimum, if in doubt please speak with Di or Andy about inclusion in this trip.

We stay Friday and Saturday night in a barn near Dulverton , and the £35 pp cost includes 2 breakfasts and a fish and chip supper on Sat evening.

Please post here , or let Di or I know if you would like to come on this trip. We normally work out car share in order to minimise travel costs and environmental impact.

Andy G

fizzannand
Supporting Member
The sum of the first two numbers: 5

Re: Barle White Water Trip Oct 17/18/19

Post by fizzannand »

I'd like to come

Fizz

andy g
Expert

Post by andy g »

Folks
Di has confirmed the dates given above.

As this is a Meridian trip our club paddlers have priority on bookings , but unfilled spaces will be filled with other clubs so you will need to declare your interest and pay your £35 to me to secure a place.

In addition to your paddling and personal kit, you will need a sleeping bag and pillow.

As above this trip is the best one for moving water beginners, with easy-ish rivers, and plenty of experienced coaches on hand to guide you down the river/s, so newbies are particularly welcome.

To date we have Di, Jenny, Fizz, Nikki, Barry, June, Dave , me . Any more takers please?

Regards

Andy

Paul Winslow

Post by Paul Winslow »

Teresa and I would like to join this trip. We'll be paddling open canoe.

Any other open boaters interested?

Thanks

Paul

andy g
Expert

Post by andy g »

June told me yesterday that she and Paul are coming , but possibly in their camper van.

Andy