Saturday 7th June 2014.

Surf, Rivers, Abroad etc. All goes in here
Tharlow
Expert

Saturday 7th June 2014.

Post by Tharlow »

Join us for the next stage of the 2014 Meridian Medway Tour, starting and finishing at Yalding, where there are reasonable facilities.
The first half of the trip will be all downstream as far as Teston Lock, and then after a break we will paddle upstream back to Yalding.
This is a Touring Trip. There will be no opportunities for white water.
Contact details are given at the end of this note.

Distance/Time Approx 6 miles / 3 hours including stops.

Suitable for Adults 18+ with 1* award and river skills. (Sorry, not suitable for juniors or for Adult beginners).

Transport You need to arrange your own transport for yourself, your boat and all your stuff.
Please share cars if you can, and negotiate all arrangements and costs between you.
There will be no "White Van" to carry all the boats, and no "shuttles"

Boats and kit. Meridian boats, paddles and kit can be borrowed by Meridian members for this trip. You must book everything in advance, on the MCC website under " Equipment". Please try out all your gear at Danson Lake this Saturday 31/5/2014, including loading into, or onto, your transport.

Licences You need to be licensed to use a boat on the river Medway.
1) If you are a BCU member you are OK to use any boat. Bring your membership card with you and be prepared to show it to an official.
2) If you are a Meridian member, and using a Meridian boat, please contact me as you may be covered by the Meridian club licence.
3) If neither of the above please contact me.
What to bring: Bring your own food and drink to cover the whole trip, plus suncream, hat, first aid, spare paddling clothes etc etc , all to be carried with you in your boat and kept dry and secure at all times. Plus a complete set of dry clothes to stay in your vehicle.

Weather This trip will go ahead whatever the weather (except Thunder and Lightening)

Timetable If you are going direct to Yalding please park as near as possible to the canoe platform, and be ready to launch at 10:30

If you are going via Danson Boathouse:
08:30 Be at Boathouse to load boats and kit.
09:15 Drive away from Boathouse Use the M20 and turn off at J2
10:00 Arrive Yalding
10:30 Launch boats

Please note: there have been major roadworks at the Wrotham Heath end of Seven Mile Lane for a while now. Access to Seven Mile Lane can vary from hour to hour.
Diversions are well signposted and easy to follow, but may add 5 - 10 mins to your driving time.

To book your place on this trip, and for all enquiries, please contact me, Kathryn Moody on 01322 52 49 59 (Speak or leave a message)
or email me on Kathleenbm@btinternet.com
and I will get back to you pronto!

Tharlow
Expert

Re: Saturday 7th June 2014.

Post by Tharlow »

Don has posted photos of this trip on Facebook
https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set ... 642&type=3