April Moving Water Trip?

Surf, Rivers, Abroad etc. All goes in here
andy g
Expert

April Moving Water Trip?

Post by andy g »

Guys
Due to diary congestion I am having real problems fitting in an April trip to introduce paddlers to moving water, and rather than waste this opportunity can anyone else take on this one from me?
It does not need to be anything ambitious, just a trip to Yalding or Sluice Gate on the Medway is all that is required at this stage.
I will organise the May trip to follow on.

Andy

OSB
Expert
The sum of the first two numbers: 5

Re: April Moving Water Trip?

Post by OSB »

I'm sure that we can drum up some volunteers. Is there a confirmed date in the diary for the trip?

fiona.ng

Post by fiona.ng »

Hi Sam,

There is no set dates for April yet.

I am wondering if you will be willing to take the newbies for April? I am away for 3 weeks so i cannot help.

If you could, i will do my best to circulate the dates and communicate to all.

Thanks

Fiona

andy g
Expert

Post by andy g »

Thanks Guys,

No date was set because, as the usual organiser, I was having problems with almost every Sunday in April.

If you are starting with a clean slate, I would suggest that you miss April 6th (Medway clean up) , April 20th (Easter weekend) which leaves 13th or 27th , perhaps the latter to give maximum notice to people?

I will help in the background , but won't be able to come on the day , so over to you guys >

Andy

Timmy
Expert

Post by Timmy »

I suggest we decide on a date, I'd swing for the 27th, and decide where we go the week before.
Reason being, and as nice as it was floating about in the sun the other week, with only 2 openings in 4 hours its difficult to get your eye in and have time to relax into the learning, things will be worse if it does not rain and worse still if the suns out and the noddy boats start using the lock. Shepperton maybe?

OSB
Expert

Post by OSB »

Is there still any demand for this trip? It looks like this week will be a wash-out, meaning that there will be options for the venue for this, should it go ahead.

If we have paddlers looking for an opportunity for an introduction to moving water, I'm happy to be available this Sunday and at the lake on Saturday to help sort equipment out.

Timmy
Expert

Post by Timmy »

OSB wrote:Is there still any demand for this trip? It looks like this week will be a wash-out, meaning that there will be options for the venue for this, should it go ahead.

If we have paddlers looking for an opportunity for an introduction to moving water, I'm happy to be available this Sunday and at the lake on Saturday to help sort equipment out.
Likewise, any takers?

OSB
Expert

Post by OSB »

Fat Boy wrote:Likewise, any takers?
Are you likely to be at the lake on Saturday? Lisa was saying that she hasn't seen your little man for a while...

Timmy
Expert

Post by Timmy »

More than likely, swimming first though so it'll be about 11 before we get there.

Jules

Post by Jules »

Hi All
I did not manage to catch up with this email thread nor with the white water trip. But I am interested and hope you may arrange another one. I know at least one other called Gary who may also be wanting to go and do beginner type white water. Will keep an eye out for your reply.