Camber sands on Sat the 14th feb

Surf, Rivers, Abroad etc. All goes in here
Timmy
Expert
The sum of the first two numbers: 5

Camber sands on Sat the 14th feb

Post by Timmy »

Short notice I know but thats the way of it sometimes with the swells. Having just found out that I have Sat free and a look at magic seaweed, a trip to camber looks like fun :shock: http://magicseaweed.com/Camber-sands-Surf-Report/3940/ You know you want too :twisted:
100% probability of 8-12ft break, dropping off slightly later, cross offshore winds, days like that don't come round very often down our way.
Probably not your ideal first surf trip, but if your happy bouncing in the soup it should be fun anyway

I'll be looking at a early run as HW is at 10.30, not the most pleasant state of affairs, get there for 8 ish I suppose, grrr, then depending on how it pans out home for tea and medals by 13.00
As a certain Mr Gadd once sung;
Come on, come on
Come on, come on

:lol:

Randy Fandango
Expert

Re: Camber sands on Sat the 14th feb

Post by Randy Fandango »

That's fairly impressive forecasting -- a year away??
(Do you mean Fri 14th or Sat 15th?? :-) )
Either way, would love to but am coaching :-/
Have fun and play safe.....
Giles

OSB
Expert

Post by OSB »

Have you seen the wind speeds??! That looks like a recipe for a vicious wall of water dumping on to shingle...

You can go and chase your paddles down the beach. I'll film it for kicks n' shiz.

Timmy
Expert

Post by Timmy »

OSB wrote:Have you seen the wind speeds??! That looks like a recipe for a vicious wall of water dumping on to shingle...

You can go and chase your paddles down the beach. I'll film it for kicks n' shiz.
Well munch, thats why I intend to get there a paddle at low tide (ish), as for chasing paddles around, is that why you don't do polo anyore more, can't keep hold of em in your ole age? :lol:

Randy Fandango
Expert

Post by Randy Fandango »

OSB wrote:That looks like a recipe for a vicious wall of water dumping on to shingle...
You're thinking of surfing on Brighton beach -- ouch :-)
Camber is acres and acres of fairly flat sand fringed by sand dunes -- it's where they filmed Carry on Follow that Camel's desert scenes.
Provided you head more towards the Rye end anyway.....
Giles

OSB
Expert

Post by OSB »

I surfed the shingle end years ago. With an offshore and a decent swell it dumps onto the beach. Rye end is nicer, but 64mph gusts make it less so...

Timmy
Expert

Post by Timmy »

Is it Eastbourne with the man made reef that all the surfers are too scared to use?

OSB
Expert

Post by OSB »

That's Bournemouth, I think.

Randy Fandango
Expert

Post by Randy Fandango »

Winds of that strength blowing offshore and sand or shingle I think you can guarantee the surf will dump like a thousand bricks :-)
Mind you, my main memory of each time I've surfed Camber when the wind is properly kicking off is of constantly taking my life in my hands having close shaves with all the wind surfers tearing backwards and forewards along the lines of surf.
Giles