Medway Trip : Sunday March 16th

Surf, Rivers, Abroad etc. All goes in here
andy g
Expert

Re: Medway Trip : Sunday March 16th

Post by andy g »

OK Guys
A few final details about this trip.

Although we may do a shortish paddle to warm up , we intend to spend most of the time learning the techniques of paddling in moving water. Last week the weir pool at Yalding was at ideal levels, let us hope for similar this Sunday.

I and the other coaches will be at Danson Boathouse at 10.00 on Sunday morning, and we will get everyone kitted up and sort out lifts for paddlers and boats to minimise car use. It is about a 40 minute drive to Yalding which we can do in convoy.

Not sure how long the session will last, it depends upon the water conditions and the paddlers' stamina.

I know Dave A will probably meet us at Yalding, would the other coaches please let me know if they are coming to the Boathouse , or going directly to Yalding.

Andy

Timmy
Expert
The sum of the first two numbers: 5

Post by Timmy »

Gaaagh, may not be able to paddle Sunday, properly knackered my back taking little one swimming yesterday, I am very annoyed. I'll not be writing it off till Sat though, hopefully some evil pain killers and a Vietnamese sandwich will get me on the water, although rescues may well be pushing things :(

OSB
Expert

Post by OSB »

Tony's out too. Something about tearing a hole in his drysuit, as I understand it...

I'll be there, but likely travelling direct from home, so I'll already be on the water by the time folks get there.

Tim, meet at mine if your old age has worn off?

Iron Lungs

Post by Iron Lungs »

Something about tearing a hole in his drysuit, as I understand it...
I was at the hospital when the nurse cut a hole on his dry suit from wrist to neck.

I think Tony's dislocated shoulder may have more to do with his lack of paddling.

Jack_Lamer

Post by Jack_Lamer »

I too shall have to meet you there.

Timmy
Expert

Post by Timmy »

Iron Lungs wrote:
Something about tearing a hole in his drysuit, as I understand it...

I think Tony's dislocated shoulder may have more to do with his lack of paddling.
I've warned Tony many times about his lack of paddling and the chances of joint dislocation because of it ;)

Tharlow
Expert

Post by Tharlow »

Thanks to Andy for organising this trip.
Blessed with perfect weather,it was good to see a good range of age groups enjoy their first experience of white water.

andy g
Expert

Post by andy g »

Thanks for the photos Tim

The conditions were really excellent for this trip. Good water and bright sunshine, and everyone had a good time enjoying moving water , some for the first time, others re-awakening skills that were implanted some years ago.

Thank you to all the club coaches and regulars who turned up to help and make the trip go well, especially Tim/s , Jack, Dave, Sam.

I'll announce the next trip soon, possibly May 4th?

Andy