Barle Trip : Oct 12/13

Surf, Rivers, Abroad etc. All goes in here
andy g
Expert

Barle Trip : Oct 12/13

Post by andy g »

Guys
I know Di was planning to post this , but at the risk of stealing her thunder I thought that members should be given as much notice as possible.

This is a lovely trip down a beautiful river, which is very suitable as your first whitewater trip. We all stay in a cosy bunkhouse , cook together, and generally have a very good social time of things. If there is insufficient water in the river we tend to go surfing at Woolacombe sands , which can be just as enjoyable.

Although suitable as a first white water trip , you must have had some experience of moving water previously, at least at Yalding, and should be confident about exiting the boat in cold water, (or better still staying in until rescued, or even better still rolling yourself back up)

If you would like a place on this trip please let me or Di know asap. If in doubt about your abilities, again please come and see me at a pool session.

Andy

Brian
Expert

Re: Barle Trip : Oct 12/13

Post by Brian »

sorry i m working on the saturday ( much to jane's relief ;) )
B

OSB
Expert
The sum of the first two numbers: 5

Post by OSB »

Brian wrote:sorry i m working on the saturday ( much to jane's relief ;) )
B
I can make room in the car for Jane. ;)

andy g
Expert

Post by andy g »

Barle Trip 11 - 13 October

Hi All

A trip is planned for the above dates to the River Barle, on Exmoor. We stay in a wooden barn with two large communal bedrooms, sleeping on mattresses on wooden bunks, the trip is suitable for beginners with some white water experience, such at breaking in and out of the flow below the bridge arches at Yalding. The cost is £35 including accommodation, breakfast and Saturday evening meal. Food is normally sausages egg and beans, and pasta and meat sauce. You need a sleeping bag and pillow, it can be cold so bring warm clothes. It's normally a good fun trip, we normally paddle the Barle or if there is no water we surf on the sea at Woolacombe. Please let me know if you are coming to book your place pay £35 to Andy Garlick or Diana Wade. Please note this is a non returnable fee and we will not add your name to the list without your money.

Any queries you can contact me di.paddler@gmail.com or 01322 554437.

Di

andy g
Expert

Post by andy g »

Andy G and Yoli are in.
Lift offered for 2 with boats and gear.
Andy

mark
Expert

Post by mark »

Club Boats will be available for members to borrow for the Club Barle trip as well as the Beginners course participants.

fizzannand
Supporting Member

Post by fizzannand »

I am going - I can drive, if anyone wants a lift I'm free from Friday 11th afternoon - give me a shout on my mobi.

Fizz
07764 349679

Jack_Lamer

Post by Jack_Lamer »

I had a cracking weekend, thanks everyone! Especially Di for organising!

Tim Collier

Post by Tim Collier »

Have to agree, a really good weekend. Thanks everyone !

alanpuds

Post by alanpuds »

hi guys,

video of the bale trip 2013

go to my facebook page