Barle More Details for those not familiar

Surf, Rivers, Abroad etc. All goes in here
Di W
Supporting Member

Barle More Details for those not familiar

Post by Di W »

Accommodation will be in the Wooden Barn at Northcombe Farm as usual (very pretty but historically cold! ). We will be self-catering, everyone mucks in and it is normally good fun.

It is bunkhouse accommodation, 12 people to a room, you need to bring sleeping bags, and extra bedding if you feel the cold, as well as a pillow. They provide thin mattresses for £1 a night, this is not included in the cost of the trip. You may prefer to bring a bed roll.

To paddle you need moving water experience, you should be able to break in and out of the flow. Ideally you should feel comfortable paddling on the Nene or paddling under the bridge Arches at Yalding when in flow.

The river is grade 2-3 but can reach 4 when in flood. For this reason river leaders will advise paddlers whether or not conditions are suitable for them, paddlers are asked to co-operate with river leaders advice.

If we have no rain i.e. there is no water in the river we will probably go Surfing at Woolcaombe, this has been very successful in the past, along with rounders on the beach.

Trip will be £25 includes food and accommodation, evening meal will be pasta or rice dish, breakfast bacon and eggs, cereal etc. Bring your own alcohol!

Brian
Expert

Re: Barle More Details for those not familiar

Post by Brian »

Hi Di
firstly thanks for sorting out this trip
i would like to go but do not fancy driving all that way on my own ( mainly because of the high cost of fuel )
so if i could bum a lift with some one that would be great or if there were a few people who would like to join me in my car that would also work ( i am off work the friday saturday and sunday)

ta
Brian

June Al Malah
Supporting Member

Post by June Al Malah »

Hello

I will be coming on the trip and would appreciate a lift. I can travel on Friday anytime.

June

Paul French
Expert

Post by Paul French »

Dear All

Anyone want to share a lift to the Barle - unfortunately I cannot leave Ashford before 17:30. Drop me a line at PFJFRF@AOL.COM

Yours

Paul