Lea Valley club booking Saturday 25th May

Surf, Rivers, Abroad etc. All goes in here
Timmy
Expert
The sum of the first two numbers: 5

Lea Valley club booking Saturday 25th May

Post by Timmy »

Thought it'd be a nice idea to get a thread going on the up and coming Lea valley club booking.
Feel free to ask any questions here, we'll do what we can to answer them.
This is a great session to get some white water under your belt, maybe after a trip or two to Yalding or some edging practice on the lake, it can be as daring or as placid as you like, if your worried about the fast top section of the legacy loop then we can start you off on the lower section, just a bimble then to get your eye in.
Plus if it all goes wrong, there will be plenty of us on hand to sort you out. At various times I've done the whole thing upside down, you'll be fine ;)

Tim
Last edited by Timmy on Sun May 05, 2013 8:48 pm, edited 2 times in total.

andy g
Expert

Re: Lea Valley club booking Sunday 26th May

Post by andy g »

Tim
I am happy to come along and help as much as I can. I agree that a start from the corner is a very good idea for first timers , but I also recommend a warm up at the bottom of the course first.
Andy

Timmy
Expert

Post by Timmy »

I'll be happy to help anyone who asks (yes, even you Tony), plus there's always the option of going down tandem, canoe or kayak, just post up on here beforehand or let your intentions be known.

My Dads now coming, time to find some airbags ;)

Brian
Expert

Post by Brian »

Hi all
i am off work this day so will be coming along; if the session is over subscribed i am more than happy to stand on the side and take photo's and maybe get some throw line practice :D
B

Tharlow
Expert

Post by Tharlow »

Pencil me in as a maybe....
Is it worth organising a trip to Yalding Weir before for those that need experience of edging on moving water etc?

Timmy
Expert

Post by Timmy »

Tharlow wrote:Pencil me in as a maybe....
Is it worth organising a trip to Yalding Weir before for those that need experience of edging on moving water etc?
It'd be nice, but not the end of the world without, I'll be doing a session with my dad down at Yalding beforehand, your more than welcome to join in and indeed anyone else, no date fixed yet, but show your interest and we'll work something out.

OSB
Expert

Post by OSB »

The weather is going to be nice on Sunday. I've no idea whether there's any water at Yalding though...

fiona.ng

Post by fiona.ng »

Last sat was 19 degree and both the gates were up at Yalding. I was there doing the Div 4 slalom. Its a lucky dip....

Timmy
Expert

Re: Lea Valley club booking Saturday 25th May

Post by Timmy »

Lea Valley has now been booked for the Saturday (25th)
I'll be heading down to Yalding next Sunday for a warm up session if anyone wants to join myself and the ole man, concentrating on edging, forward paddling and maybe some rolling in flow if the suns out :?

Paul French
Expert

Re: Lea Valley club booking Saturday 25th May

Post by Paul French »

Hi Tim

Might be able to make Yalding next sunday (12th) - but need to visit rellies at some point.