Lee Valley This sunday 24th Feb

Surf, Rivers, Abroad etc. All goes in here
andy g
Expert

Re: Lee Valley This sunday 24th Feb

Post by andy g »

Folks
Brian and I are heading to Lea Valley on Sunday. We plan to get there for an 11.00 start leaving SE London around 10.00.
I will probably do a couple of hours on the Legacy, Brian aims for an hour Legacy and at least 1 hour Olympic (brave man!)

Let me know if interested , I am happy to give some coaching, or to do safety cover if you feel you might need it.

Andy (o)7703 823619

Randy Fandango
Expert

Post by Randy Fandango »

It's worth mentioning that a couple of weeks ago every session sold out so booking in advance isn't a bad idea.
Obviously there are more slots available this weekend than then but (I believe) HPP has the NSR on this weekend so isn't open for general paddling and there's no water in any rivers.
Giles

andy g
Expert

Post by andy g »

Thanks Giles
I have already made my booking today, so I am OK . Take the point that it may be more crowded than usual.
Andy

Jane
Expert

Post by Jane »

gives me more boats to cling to as i swim :)
thanks for the heads up giles
Brian

andy g
Expert

Post by andy g »

Well you guys missed a treat.

A good 2 hour session, in beautiful sunshine , and the threatened crowds didn't materialise, so Brian and I had a good time.

First on the Legacy trying to make more and more eddies, then Brian wanted to do the Olympic in an "old school" slalom boat, and had several good runs which I photographed and did safety.

Then a few final runs down the Legacy and back home in time for (late) lunch. Perfect day. Thanks Brian.

How about a few more paddlers coming, £5 per hour for white water in London is hardly excessive, and we will look after you on the water.

Andy

Randy Fandango
Expert

Post by Randy Fandango »

andy g wrote:How about a few more paddlers coming, £5 per hour for white water in London is hardly excessive, and we will look after you on the water.

Andy
Well -- as long as you promise to look after me :-)
Yesterday was great too -- legacy course pretty empty (of water as well as paddlers -- they turned it off when i was halfway down!) then the Olympic runs for an hour from 3.00pm with no rafts on it to get in your way. Brilliant :-)
I'm there Sat and Sun next weekend if anyone fancies joining me for a paddle?
Giles

toe mouse
Expert

Post by toe mouse »

A few of us plan to be there Sun 17th ....

Thomas

Jane
Expert

Post by Jane »

hi Giles
I plan to come down this saturday 9th if i get away from work early

also need to point out that mr garlic did not tell the whole story of me in or should i say out of the old school slalom boat. :oops:
best part of paddling a very very pointy boat is that other boaters tend to avoid you ( cant say the same for the rotten rafts ,i'm sure they try and get in the way just for s***s and giggles)

lataz