SPRAY DECKS AGAIN

What's New, What's for Sale, What do you want?
Nigel A
Expert

SPRAY DECKS AGAIN

Post by Nigel A »

All the zip up K1 spray decks have again disappeared. Can the equipment officer or committee confirm that they have all been booked out. If not will the committee take action against members that remove club equipment without authority. Club equipment should be available for paying club members. The club should be taking action against people over this.

mark
Expert

Re: SPRAY DECKS AGAIN

Post by mark »

Nigel,

On Wednesday evening I will personally visit the boathouse and go through all of the spraydecks. I will also send out a note to anyone who I can think of who currently may be paddling K1s and see if they have borrowed the decks I will also check all of the K1s in case they have been put inside of the boats.

regards
Mark

Nigel A
Expert

Post by Nigel A »

Sorry Mark, I was under the misapprehension that you were the Chairman, not equipment officer, or I would have approached you direct.

Have been down to the lake today and checked the spraydecks,. including looking in the boats that were not out Saturday. We have 2 old type red non zipped decks and that is all. All the decent K1 zipped decks have been removed.
I also managed to access the lock up cabinets and found the last 2 of the black Kirton decks. I have taken the liberty of putting these decks out but did not have any marker pens or paint with me - will try to get back and mark them, if not, Saturday.

I also looked at our "Wing" paddles, and noted that we now have only 6 paddles all fixed, again all the adjustable ones have been removed.

As club auditor (And a PAYING club member) I will write and request a copy of our equipment inventory.

Also, I found 3 small junior polo buoyancy aids hidden on top of the cabinets, is there a reason they are hidden there? We struggle to put children in suitable buoyancy aids at the Wednesday session. I have left them on top of the BBQ for now, but is it possible to have then down the pool?

Jane
Expert

Post by Jane »

hi
i have these plus 3 wings 4 cags and one set of v bars
i am 100% sure i put up a posting but at the moment i can not find it , i do not have time to look at the mo but will look when i get back
yours faithfully
brian borrett
(fully paid up life time member )

Nigel A
Expert

Post by Nigel A »

Can the committee explain why they agreed the loan of 3 paddles 4 cags, and a number of K1 spray decks to one club member for such a long period?

mark
Expert

Post by mark »

Nigel,

There are appears to have been a break down in process regarding equipment loans, I will add this to the list of items that I will be working through with the committee in the near future as part of a review of all the clubs policies and Risk assessments.

regards
Mark