Equipment Hire

Looking to join the club? Just joined the club? Ask your questions here
tneigh

Equipment Hire

Post by tneigh »

Hi there,

I'm not a member of the club, I was given the details by the staff at Danson Park when I phoned them. I'm looking for somewhere local to where I live where I might be able to hire out a canoe/kayak without being a member, or have to take training courses. I have actually taken a fair few lessons in both when I was younger but don't have any formal qualifications (I did the Buzz courses run through Bromley activity centres, and a bit of training with Cubs/Scouts plus a few watersports holidays!). Would it be possible to hire equipment for a few hours from the club, on Saturday for example, just to have a bit of a paddle on the lake?

Tom Neighbour

samk
Expert

Re: Equipment Hire

Post by samk »

Hi Tom,

Sorry no one has replied to you sooner.

Regarding the hire of equipment - we only hire out equipment to members of the club. Also to use Danson lake you would need to go out during a club session when an instructor is present. This is not to say you have to be taught by the instructor, but they would have to be present on the lake whilst you were out on the water.

We do say to prospective members that you are free to come down and have up to 3 guest member sessions before joining the club (we ask for £3 towards the hire of equipment and lake licences, once you are a member you do not need to pay for lake sessions).

If you would like to come down one Saturday to the club session (starting at 10:30) then you are more than welcome to do so.

Many thanks,
Sam

Ada
Expert

Post by Ada »

Tom

We have 3 events planned when you could come and paddle for free. Next weekend 5-6 July is the danson festival we will be running sessions all day each day, further to this we also have 2 idendant try it days planned July 19th & August 9th. More info on these soon.

Ada

darren72

Post by darren72 »

Hello

I am a member of another canoeing club at present, possibly looking into meridian, due to being closer to home. I have a boat which i store at my club, due to not having any storage facilities at home. Are you in a position to store members boats at the DANSON boat shed?

Regards

Darren

mark
Expert

Post by mark »

Darren,
Meridian Canoe club is currently unable to store personal boats at the lake in the general club store, if you wish to discuss the club with me in person and paddling with the club I will be at the lake this saturday morning.
Mark

darren72

Post by darren72 »

Mark

Thank you for your reply, i will try and get down this weekend and chat about the club

Regards

Darren