Devizes to Westminster 2010

Surf, Rivers, Abroad etc. All goes in here
adrian
Supporting Member

Re: Devizes to Westminster 2010

Post by adrian »

I would like to say thanks to all the well wishers but mainly to Liz who performed
extremely well in steering us to a great finishing time and in putting up with me during
a long cold winter of training.
The correct time is 22:45:56 and as we set out to finish the event rather than race is stunning.
I am delighted to have completed this event and even more pleased not to have had a
swim either in training or during the event.
We had a few moments of interest during the event. Doing a 180 with the nose stuck in the mud
and the back in the fast flow at Fobney is a particular favourite. The look on the faces of the
people behind us as we ended up facing them was good. :oops: :oops:
We were supported by an old friend of mine called Chris Avery who is a member of the
Wey Kayak Club and without his great assistance could not have achieved success.

Many Thanks again to all.

Adrian

Randy Fandango
Expert

Post by Randy Fandango »

Of course you know that by beating my best time you may just have laid down a gauntlet for next year.....
Giles :-D

Liz
Supporting Member

Post by Liz »

Well done to the other team, 20h 39mins is an amazing time for the non-stop race. Andy, my hat goes off to you for volunteering to support the crew at such short notice. I have a lot of respect for all support crews.

I think we all know that both the non-stop and the 4 day events are both races but can not be compared to each other and are both hard work. My respects to the crews that have done this event in times gone by, as the conditions of the pontoons and pathways are far easier now than they were then. I also think we struck lucky with the weather.

Adrian I think it was you putting up with me! Cheers for sticking it out.

Thanks to Giles for the loan of the boats, very handy indeed.

Anyone who wishes to do this event it the future, Good Luck to you it's worth the effort.

Cheers
Liz