Welcome

Looking to join the club? Just joined the club? Ask your questions here
samk
Expert

Welcome

Post by samk »

Thank you for visiting the Meridian Canoe Club forum. Please post a message in this forum if you have any questions about the club.

Please note: You will have to sign up to the forum to post a message.
Attachments
Expression_of_Interest.doc
(134 KiB) Downloaded 708 times

DAVIDSON75

Re: Welcome

Post by DAVIDSON75 »

Hello I spoke to Mark afew weeks ago and he said there were three sessions on a wednesday night and suggested, being a new bod the middle session (I think it was the 8.00/8.30pm time) would be good for me to come along (which I intended to do tomorrow 16th April), but I see from this fourm that its changed to a Thursday night at Crook log can I confirm this is correct, or is this a different session? Thanks Clair.

Ada
Expert

Post by Ada »

Clair
You may have been confused by Mark because as he says we have 3 different time slots/sessions at Crook Log on a Wednesday night. The First 7.00-8.15pm is for Junior/novice canoe Polo, the Last 9.15-10.30pm is for Senior Polo and the bit in the middle 8.15-9.15pm is for general recreational canoeing practise. So unless you are a Polo player come and join us from about 8.00pm and we can be ready to get you afloat at 8.15pm.

We also have a General session currently on a Thursday at Crooklog 9.00-10.00pm if this suits you better.

Ada

DAVIDSON75

Post by DAVIDSON75 »

Thats great, I'll pop down tonight thanks Ada.
Clair. :D

HuwD

Post by HuwD »

Hello,

I have recently taken a canoeing (as opposed to kayaking) course in Wales and would like to maintain what I have learnt.

Does Meridian CC have open, canadian style canoes at Danson lake?
Can I just turn up any saturday to give it a try?
What kit would I need to bring?

Huw

jake_L
Supporting Member

Post by jake_L »

Hi Huw,
Yes we do have Canadians at Danson lake.
You can turn up one Saturday, but before you get on you will need to fill out a form And a cost of £5.00.
You can paddle 3 times before we ask you to become a member then its free on the lake.
You will need to bring cloths to were on the water + a water proof jacket to keep the wind off, a towel and a spare pear of cloths just in case you get wet.
Please ask someone at the boat house on a Saturday and they will help you out. The session starts at 10.30.
Please ask if you have any more questions.

Jake lewis
(Committee member)

mark
Expert

Post by mark »

Huw, Jake

Currently we aren't charging £5 for new people to paddle on the lake and this saturrday we are running an open morning so it would be a particularly good time for you to come down to the club

Mark