Anything related to the London International Canoe Polo Tournament
1 post • Page 1 of 1
The London International canoe polo tournament is hosted by Meridian Canoe Club over the weekend of the 14th and 15th of August, it is also regarded as the best Polo competition both on and off the water in the UK.
The Event has been a great success over the years due to the volunteers who have supported give up their time to help with this club event, many of the volunteers are not club members, both the clubs committee and the event committee would like to see the event becoming even more of a club activity than it has been in the past. A club member who helped at the event last year for the first time described it simply as "enjoyable, hard work and very rewarding, the club should be proud"
The club member actually helped over the whole weekend but we are not looking for members to commit that much time if they don't wish to.
It may come as a surprise but there are jobs that are needed to be done over the whole weekend and if a member or friend can only spare an hour or two Sunday night or even the following Monday we would welcome their help.
We have attached a list of jobs that need to be undertaken in order to make the event a success with approximate times so members will have an idea of the types of activities that they may be asked to perform should they offer their time to help with the event.
* Friday/Saturday Cook Rice, Potatoes, pasta large Quantities (300 people) and deliver to park
* Friday Collection of pasteries and cakes from Costco
* Collecting tables and chairs
* Collecting barbecue from Bexleyheath
* Loading White trailer from storage garage possibly Thursday night
* Check all catering equipment and wash where appropriate
We require individuals who can drive to act as shoppers who are willing to simply go and get whatever we are short of….
At the Park
Friday 9 am - 3pm
* Airport Pickup Circa 10pm 5 bodies and boats
* Tents erecting
* Setting out camping area
* Washing up
* Roping car parks
* Building Pitches
* Assist with lighting
Bar Supervision all weekend early until late
Friday 3pm till late
* Barbecue burgers and sausages
* Car Park supervision
* Gate duty after park close until very late
Saturday and Sunday 6 am – 11am Breakfast 10:30 am – 5pm Lunch
* Preparing food
* Serving – making food to order
* Taking money
* Tea Making
BBQ – Saturday 3pm - 9pm
Sunday Clear up activities
* 6am – Clear up of communal area
* 1pm – 1st Clear up of campsite
* 2pm – pack down gazebos, tables and some chairs
* Throughout Sunday we need to borrow vans, drivers and loaders to clear site
* Offsite washing up of BBQ plates, serving dishes & equipment
Please can you let Jane Borrett 07845578674 or Mark Preddy 07828512402 if you are available to help at anytime or of course you can email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest