London International 2014

Anything related to the London International Canoe Polo Tournament
Jane
Expert

London International 2014

Postby Jane » Sun Jul 20, 2014 10:30 am

London International 2014 will be taking place on 26th-27th July 2014.
This is the largest event on Meridian Canoe Club's calendar and we have 45 teams coming from all over the UK and Europe.
To run an event of this size we rely on the support of club members , their friends and families to come along and help, for many this will be their 16th year.
For new members to the club and for old members who have not been before this is a great opportunity to meet other club members and to feel part of the club, it is also very sociable with the beer tent opening each evening. You do not need to have an interest in Canoe Polo to come along and help.
We need help with the following jobs:

Cooking pasta on the Friday or saturday
Making Cakes to sell at the tournament.
Setting up at the lake on Friday from 10am
Car Park attendants - Friday from 5pm - midnight & Saturday 7am - 10am
Shoppers on Friday and over the weekend
Catering - feeding and watering helpers on the Friday set up
Catering from 6am-10pm Saturday
Catering from 6am - 5pm Sunday
Tidy up people - All weekend to keep the bins emptied and site tidy
Putting away this is our hardest job as we are all tired after a busy weekend. Fresh hands to help put all the equipment away would be really appreciated. Car parks, camping areas, pitches etc all have to be dismantled and packed away.

There are many other jobs besides, just let us know where your talents lie and we will find you a suitable job. The important thing to remember is that it only needs to be for a couple of hours , this will help others and maybe give them a couple of hours off to rest.

If you are able to help please contact Mark -07411 947549 / Jane 07845 578674 or email London_international@hotmail.com

andy g
Expert

Re: London International 2014

Postby andy g » Sun Jul 20, 2014 5:18 pm

Jane
I will be down on Friday to lend an unskilled hand at the setting up.

I am also willing to do the team photography on Sat and part of Sunday if you need me.

I have asked for some help with cakes etc at home.

Andy

Tharlow
Expert

Postby Tharlow » Mon Jul 21, 2014 10:08 am

Will be bringing down some shop bought cakes on Saturday.
Have no wish to bring Meridian Canoe Club into disrepute by inflicting my cooking on the public...

Jane
Expert

Postby Jane » Mon Jul 21, 2014 5:03 pm

Thanks for that Tim. If you would like to come along and join in or help over the weekend we would love to see you there. It is a lot of hard work over the weekend and with more people , the pressure is taken off a little and the more sociable the event can be.
I am sure your home baking would be gratefully received and not as bad as you are making out ;)

Andy
Thanks for your offer of help, Mark or myself will be in touch to discuss.

Thanks

Jane

Return to “London International”